Lino Lakes, MN | Full Time | $25 – $40 per Hour.
Mountain Manufacturing is a growing Medical Device component manufacturing company located in Lino Lakes, MN. Due to our growth, we are looking to add a 2nd Shift and are in need of a Shift Lead/Swiss Machinist to oversee our 2nd shift production team.
This position contributes to the success of manufacturing operations by leading the 2nd shift production team to meet customer expectations for on-time delivery and product quality while achieving efficiency standards.
Set up and operation of Citizen L220, L20, K16, M32 to machine precision medical components with tolerances up to +.0001/-.0001.
*Programming experience is preferred (GIBBS / ESPRIT) but not a must.
Work schedule: 3:30 PM-1:30 AM, Monday-Thursday (4 10-hour days)
- Executes 2nd shift production plan by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems, and reporting results on shift production summaries.
- Maintain quality by understanding and enforcing our organization’s quality standards. This includes performing and recording inspection data (dimensional and visual checks) to verify the conformance of all products being produced on 2nd shift.
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-conformances as they occur.
- Enter and update production information into the MRP system.
- Maintain staff by training and developing employees.
- Assist in the evaluation of employee job performance, including annual performance goals, employee recognition, and training needs.
- Ensures operation of equipment by communicating the need for repairs, as necessary.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Resolves personnel problems by investigating and reporting issues, identifying solutions, and/or recommending action with Operation Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure instructions.
- Basic measurement of close tolerances.
- Basic usage and understanding of inspection tools and interpretation of blueprints.
- Mechanical and mathematical knowledge.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train others to plan, perform, and make decisions/give guidance as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods, for product line(s).
- Continuous mental and visual attention; some operations require constant visual checks along with dimensional inspection activities.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and can work well as a part of a team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general customer-supplied prints, job travelers, and customer quality requirements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from manager.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
An Ideal Candidate Would:
- Have 5 years or more direct hands-on manufacturing experience with medical device or aerospace products including experience with equipment such as CNC Machinery, Inspection Equipment, and knowledge and ability to troubleshoot these types of equipment.
- Prior direct or indirect leadership in a manufacturing setting.
- High-level of dedication, punctuality, and reliability.
- Proven ability to work with minimal additional leadership or engineering support.
Mountain Manufacturing offers competitive wages and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance (Employer pays 60% of premiums for Health Insurance)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Vision
- Accident and Critical Care policies
- We also offer PTO and paid holidays
- 3% Employer match (dollar-for-dollar) for retirement contributions.
We are willing to train and advance the careers of any candidates who show potential!